By Edward Woods, Rudy Coppieters
For the 1st time A Communicative Grammar of English may have an accompanying workbook. The workbook can help make greater use of CGE via supplying possibilities for perform and discussion.
Read or Download A Workbook to Communicative Grammar of English PDF
Best english as a second language books
English Vocabulary in Use is a vocabulary booklet for upper-intermediate and complicated inexperienced persons of English, essentially designed as a self-study reference and perform e-book, yet is additionally used for lecture room paintings. Firmly in accordance with present studying conception, its emphasis is at the useful wishes of the learner.
Книга company Vocabulary in Use (Elementary) enterprise Vocabulary in Use (Elementary)Книги Бизнес книги Автор: invoice Mascull Формат: pdf Издат. :Cambridge Страниц: one hundred and five Размер: 19 Мб Язык: Английский eighty five (голосов: 1) Оценка:Business Vocabulary in Use ordinary follows a similar winning method because the attempted and validated In Use vocabulary and grammar books, with vocabulary presentation and rationalization at the left-hand web page and perform at the right-hand pageThe e-book includes a couple of thematic sections together with paintings, time, cash, items, providers; and abilities devices together with numbers, telephoning, emails and faxes, conferences and shows.
Cambridge perform exams for puppy 1 includes 5 entire perform checks written to conform with the 1996 syllabus for the initial English try out. Written by way of authors with vast adventure of test-writing and of the puppy examination, and trialled by means of scholars in Britain and in a foreign country, those exams could be relied upon as exact representations of the 1996 puppy syllabus.
This booklet is designed to assist academics comprehend English grammar and clarify it to their scholars. every one bankruptcy makes a speciality of a frustrating sector and provides routines for college students in addition to educating principles.
- Chatterbox: Activity Book Level 3
- Natural English Pre-Intermediate : Workbook With Key
- Advanced Grammar in Use with Answers: A Self-Study Reference and Practice Book for Advanced Learners of English
- Practical Faster Reading: An Intermediate-Advanced Course in Reading and Vocabulary (Cambridge English Language Learning)
Extra info for A Workbook to Communicative Grammar of English
4. They bought an old house, modernised it and made a lot of money when they resold it. 5. When you get to the top of the hill, you get a good view over the plain. 6. I didn’t like that stuff they gave us to eat last night. I left most of it on my plate. 7. He went to a lot of trouble to get the picture and so expected they would pay him a good price. 8. They felt very depressed – their team had lost for the third time. 9. I haven’t been to Mexico before so I don’t know what to expect. 10. We yelled at the top of our voices, but nobody took any notice.
Finite clauses in spoken English Section 27; 360–374 In written English, we often use non-finite and verbless clauses as adverbials and modifiers. Such constructions would be highly unlikely in speech, where finite clauses and coordination are preferred. Task one ** The sentences below are more likely to be formal, written English. Rewrite them in a form more likely in spoken English. 1. After winning the race, he enjoyed the prize money. 2. Having been in trouble in school before, the boy was afraid to tell his mother why he was home so late.
My only sister is married to an accountant. 2. Would you give me the bottle opener, please. 3. Shirley was watching a film by Alfred Hitchcock, the master of suspense. 4. Hurricane Freddy swept across Indonesia last night and is now heading for Japan. 5. Although the war has been over for years, there are still occasional clashes along the border. 6. The new car model comes in four colours: red, dark blue, grey and white. 7. Driving on the left-hand side is something most people get used to in no time at all.
A Workbook to Communicative Grammar of English by Edward Woods, Rudy Coppieters